Letting The Scriptures Speak
(Shared by Sis. Carolyn)
The word of God is given to us for guidance and direction, enlightening and inspiring our souls. God's word gives us encouragement, strength, peace, healing, and so much more. If we are faithful and truly believe the word of God
(the scriptures), we will stay connected with the Lord. Reading the word of God, allows us to feel the presence of His closeness and goodness. Praying before the word of God is read, will allow God
to provide us with a revelation.
Our own Sister Carolyn has been
given such a gift from God when it comes to the scriptures, she will provide us with the
words of God, from the word of God, to enlighten
our walk with Jesus.
1 Peter 3:8-12 (NLT)
8) Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.
9) Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and He will bless you for it.
10) For the scripture say, "if you want a happy life and good days, keep your tongue from speaking evil, and keep your lips from telling lies.
11) Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others.
12) The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and His ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns His face against those who do evil.