Letting The Scriptures Speak
(Shared by Sis. Carolyn)
The word of God is given to us for guidance and direction, enlightening and inspiring our souls. God's word gives us encouragement, strength, peace, healing, and so much more. If we are faithful and truly believe the word of God
(the scriptures), we will stay connected with the Lord. Reading the word of God, allows us to feel the presence of His closeness and goodness. Praying before the word of God is read, will allow God
to provide us with a revelation.
Our own Sister Carolyn has been
given such a gift from God when it comes to the scriptures, she will provide us each month with the
words of God, from the word of God, to enlighten
our walk with Jesus.
Psalm 118: 1-14 New Living Translation (NLT)
1) Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures
2) Let all Israel repeat: “His faithful love endures forever.”
3) Let Aaron’s descendants, the priests, repeat: “His faithful love endures
4) Let all who fear the Lord repeat: “His faithful love endures forever.”
5) In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and
set me free.
6) The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do
7) Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at
those who hate me.
8) It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.
9) It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.
10) Though hostile nations surrounded me, I destroyed them all with the
authority of the Lord.
11) Yes, they surrounded and attacked me, but I destroyed them all with
the authority of the Lord.
12) They swarmed around me like bees; they blazed against me like a
crackling fire. But I destroyed them all with the authority of
13) My enemies did their best to kill me, but the Lord rescued me.
14) The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.