Letting The Scriptures Speak
(Shared by Sis. Carolyn)
The word of God is given to us for guidance and direction, enlightening and inspiring our souls. God's word gives us encouragement, strength, peace, healing, and so much more. If we are faithful and truly believe the word of God
(the scriptures), we will stay connected with the Lord. Reading the word of God, allows us to feel the presence of His closeness and goodness. Praying before the word of God is read, will allow God
to provide us with a revelation.
Our own Sister Carolyn has been
given such a gift from God when it comes to the scriptures, she will provide us each month with the
words of God, from the word of God, to enlighten
our walk with Jesus.
New Living Translation (NLT)God’s Discipline Proves His Love
1) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
2) We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.[a
]Because of the joy[b
] awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.
3) Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people;[c
] then you won’t become weary and give up.
4) After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
5) And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children?[d
] He said, “My child,[e
] don’t make light of the Lord’s discipline, and don’t give up when he corrects you.
6) For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”[f
7) As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father?
8) If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all.
9) Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever?[g
10) For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness.
11) No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.
12) So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.
13) Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.